1. The nature of management is to control and
dictate others in an organization.
2. In today’s turbulent and hypercompetitive
global environment, managers must help their companies innovate more than ever.
3. The late famed management
theorist Peter Drucker is often credited with creating the modern study of
4. Managers get things done
by coordinating and motivating other people.
5. The attainment of organizational goals
through planning, organizing, leading and controlling reflects the essence of
the management proces
6. Where the organization wants to be in the
future and how to get there defines controlling.
7. Organizing means defining goals for future
organizational performance and deciding on the tasks and resources needed to
8. Leading is the use of influence to motivate
employees to achieve organizational goals.
9. The use of influence to motivate employees to
achieve organizational goals defines organizing.
10. How an organization goes about accomplishing a plan is a key part
of the management function of controlling.
11. Using influence to motivate employees describes the management
function of leading.
12. The use of influence to motivate employees to achieve the
organization’s goals refers to controlling.
13. Organizing means creating a shared culture and values.
14. Controlling involves monitoring employee’s activities and taking
corrective action as necessary.
15. An organization is a social entity that is goal directed and
16. In the definition of an organization, deliberately structured
means being made up of two or more people and designed to achieve some
17. Efficiency refers to the degree to which the organization achieves
a stated objective.
18. Efficiency can be calculated as the amount of resources used to
produce a product or service.
19. To perform effectively, all managers must possess conceptual,
human, and technical skills, though the degree of each skill necessary at
different levels of an organization may vary.
20. All managers have to pay attention to costs and according to
research, the best way to improve organizational effectiveness is by severe
21. Only the top managers in organizations need conceptual skills
since it involves planning.
22. Technical skills are most important at lower organizational levels
while human skills become more important as managers move up the organizational
23. One of the biggest mistakes during turbulent times is managers’
failure to comprehend and adapt to the rapid pace of change in the world around
24. Managers use conceptual, human, and technical skills to perform
the four management functions of planning, organizing, leading, and controlling
in all organizations.
25. According to research, managers most enjoy activities such as
leading others, networking, and leading innovation.