1. The nature of management
is to cope with ____________________ and far-reaching challenges.
2. ____________________ is the attainment of
organizational goals in an effective and efficient manner through planning,
organizing, leading, and controlling organizational resources.
3. ____________________ is concerned with
defining goals for future organizational performance.
4. ____________________ involves assigning
tasks, grouping tasks into departments, delegating authority, and allocating
resources across the organization.
5. The management function that involves the use
of influence to motivate employees to achieve the organization’s goals is
referred to as ____________________.
6. ____________________ is the management
function concerned with monitoring employees’ activities, keeping the
organization on track toward its goals, and making corrections as needed.
7. A social entity that is goal directed and
deliberately structured is called a(n) ____________________.
8. The degree to which the organization achieves
a stated goal is called ____________________.
9. Organizational ____________________ refers to
the amount of resources used to achieve an organizational goal.
10. Conceptual skills are especially important for
11. ____________________ skills refers to the manager’s ability to
work with and through other people and to work effectively as a group member.
12. The individual performer is a(n) ____________________; whereas,
the manager has to be a(n) ____________________.
13. In the ____________________ role, managers seek and receive
information, scan periodicals and reports, and maintain personal contacts.
14. In the ____________________ role, managers initiate improvement
projects, identify new ideas, and delegate idea responsibility to others.
15. A(n) ____________________ would be responsible for performing
ceremonial and symbolic duties such as greeting visitors and signing legal