1) Distrust, disrespect, and animosity pertain to which component of indirect costs associated with mismanaged organizational stress?A. Quality of work relationsB. Participation and membershipC. Performance on the jobD. Communication breakdowns2) Inventory shrinkages and accidents pertain to which component of direct costs associated with mismanaged organizational stress?A. Employee conflictB. Performance on the jobC. Loss of vitalityD. Communication breakdowns3) Thousands of equal-pay lawsuits have been filed, predominantly by ___________ since the Equal Pay Act of 1963 was passedA. womenB. African AmericansC. the elderlyD. Americans with disabilities4) What term refers to those actions appropriate to overcome the effects of past or present policies, practices, or other barriers to equal employment opportunity?A. ReparationB. EmancipationC. DesegregationD. Affirmative action5) In the employment context, _______________ can be viewed broadly as giving an unfair advantage or disadvantage to the members of a particular group in comparison with the members of other groupsA. ethnocentrismB. discriminationC. seniority systemD. race norming6) Thousands of equal-pay suits have been filed, predominantly by ___________ since the Equal Pay Act of 1963 was passedA. womenB. African AmericansC. the elderlyD. Americans with disabilities7) Which of the following observations is correct?A. Diversity is problem focused, and affirmative action is opportunity focusedB. Diversity is government initiated, and affirmative action is voluntaryC. Diversity is proactive, and affirmative action is reactiveD. Diversity is quantitative, and affirmative action is qualitative8) Which of the following would you associate with managing diversity?A. Government initiatedB. Assumes integrationC. Internally focusedD. Quantitative9) “To be the world’s best quick-service restaurant” is an example of what?A. Organizational charterB. Standard operating procedureC. Code of ethicsD. Vision statement10) _________ is a job analysis method that lists tasks or behaviors and involves workers rating each task or behavior in terms of whether or not it is performed. If the task is performed, workers also rate the frequency, importance, level of difficulty, and relationship to overall performanceA. Job performanceB. Structured questionnairesC. InterviewsD. Critical incidents11) Recruitment begins by specifying _____, which are the typical results of job analysis and workforce planning activitiesA. human resource requirementsB. strategic imperativesC. succession plansD. affirmative action candidates12) The step following recruitment is _____, which is basically a rapid, rough selection processA. an orientationB. an initial screeningC. a suspensionD. a workforce plan13) During the _____ stage, it is most important to select the managers who can develop stable management systems to preserve the gains achieved during the embryonic stageA. matureB. high-growthC. agingD. embryonic14) Increasing an individual’s employability outside the company simultaneously increases his or her job security and desire to stay with the current employer. What is this known as?A. Training paradoxB. Pygmalion effectC. Distributed practiceD. Massed practice15) Which is a characteristic of the most effective training practices?A. Training starts at the bottom of the organizationB. Training is part of the corporate cultureC. Training is evaluated by checking participant reactionsD. Little time is spent assessing training needs16) Which analysis is helpful in determining the special needs of a particular group, such as older workers, women, or managers at different levels?A. IndividualB. OperationsC. DemographicD. Organization17) Providing adequate resources to get a job done right and on time, and paying careful attention to selecting employees, are parts ofA. employee welfareB. grievance managementC. performance appraisalD. performance facilitation18) This can be thought of as a compass that indicates a person’s actual direction as well as a person’s desired direction.A. Management by objectivesB. Forced distributionC. Central tendencyD. Performance management19) What would you call a meeting that is typically done once a year to identify and discuss job-relevant strengths and weaknesses of individuals or work teams?A. performance appraisalB. performance facilitationC. performance encouragementD. performance standard20) When managing careers, what should organizations do?A. Plan for shorter employment relationshipsB. Focus primarily on employee needs and aspirationsC. Allow employees to structure work assignmentsD. Focus on and recognize career stages that employees go through21) A sequence of positions occupied by a person during the course of a lifetime is characteristic of what type of career?A. SubjectiveB. ObjectiveC. SpecificD. General22) In the new world of career management, the primary goal is to provide which of the following for employees?A. Rising aspirationsB. Executive rankingC. Psychological successD. Time off when they need it23) At a broad level, _____ includes anything an employee values and desires that an employer is able and willing to offer in exchange for employee contributionsA. a competency-based pay systemB. an employee stock ownership planC. an organizational reward systemD. a merit-pay method24) This benefit, tied mostly to profitability and promising better job security, but not guaranteeing it, is at the center of the evolving bonus systemA. Contribution-based payB. Competency-based payC. Skill-based payD. Flexible pay25) Financial rewards include direct payments plus indirect payments in the form of what?A. Individual equityB. Corporate compensationC. Spot awardsD. Employee benefits26) Which law offers full coverage for retirees, dependent survivors, and disabled persons insured by 40 quarters of payroll taxes on their past earnings or earnings of heads of households?A. Federal Unemployment Tax ActB. Social Security ActC. Workers’ compensationD. Employee Retirement Income Security Act27) Plans are known as _____ when the employees share in the cost of the premiumsA. share-basedB. contributoryC. distributiveD. peer participating28) Which type of justice refers to the quality of interpersonal treatment that employees receive in their everyday work?A. InteractionalB. InformationalC. DistributiveD. Blind29) Procedural justice affects citizenship behaviors by influencing employees’ perceptions of _____, the extent to which the organization values employees’ general contributions and cares for their well being.A. due processB. management accessibilityC. indirect compensationD. organizational support30) When companies discover they can communicate better with their customers through employees who are similar to their customers, those companies then realize they have increased their _____ diversity.A. primaryB. secondaryC. internalD. external
HRM 531 Final Help 100% ONLY-Will rate the tutorials
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.