Problem 1.At the beginning of 2010, Gonzales Company’s accounting records had the general ledger accounts and balances shown in the table below. During 2010, the following transactions occurred: 1. received $80,000 cash for providing services to customers 2. paid rent expense, $10,000 3. purchased land for $9,000 cash 4. paid $5,000 on note payable 5. paid operating expenses, $52,000 6. paid cash dividend, $6,000 Required: 1) Record the transactions in the appropriate general ledger accounts. Record the amounts of revenue, expense, and dividends in the Retained Earnings column, providing appropriate titles for these accounts in the last column of the table. Gonzales CompanyAccounting EquationEventAssets=Liabilities+Stockholders’ EquityAcct. Titles for RECashLandNotes PayableCommon StockRetained EarningsBalance 1/1/10$16,000$40,000$10,000$32,000$14,000123456 2) What is the amount of total assets as of December 31, 2010? 3) What is the amount of total stockholders’ equity as of December 31, 2010? Problem 2.Given are the amounts of assets, liabilities, owner’s equity, revenues, and expenses of AQUA Inc. at 12/31/10. The beginning amount of Retained Earnings at 1/1/10 was $20,000, and during the year Dividends of $60,000 were taken out by the owners of Aqua Inc. Prepare the yearend Balance Sheet and Income Statement for AQUA LLP at the end of the year. (Include Correct Headings)Accounts Payable $59,000 Land $78,000Accounts Receivable 15,000 Unearned Revenue 45,000Advertising Expense 13,000 Utilities Expense 5,000Building 160,000 Rent Expense 13,000Cash 140,000 Operating Expenses 23,000Supplies 10,000 Common Stock 240,000 Salary payable 2,000 Accumulated Depreciation 10,000Prepaid Insurance Expense 20,000 Service Revenue 170,000Interest Expense 9,000 Retained Earnings ? Income Statement__________________$Balance Sheet___________________$$ASSETSLIABILITIESOWNERS EQUITY
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.