Instructions: Review each item below and determine your current level of proficiency and the importance the item has for your career success. Use a scale of 1 to 7 (where 1 is low, and 7 is high). See Part 1, Item 1 below for an example, and then overwrite the sample ratings with your own ratings for this item. The gap for each item will be automatically calculated.
Interpreting Your Results: In the example, the gap is -5. The large negative number indicates an item where current proficiency is low and career importance is high—so, this might be an item to address. A gap represented by a large positive number (e.g., 5) indicates that current proficiency is relatively high and career importance is relatively low. In this event, you would not want to pick the item as one to address.
Write Reflection Summary: Use the text box at the bottom of the page to write a reflection of 400 to 500 words describing the gaps you will work to reduce, why you selected them, and the activities you will pursue to develop your selected competencies. Choose at least one from Part 1: Leadership and at least one from Part 2: Strategic Decision Making.
Week 1 Week 1
Part 1: Personal Leadership Assessment, Goal-Setting, and Implementation Using a scale of 1 to 7, where 1 is low and 7 is high, indicate your current level of proficiency with each of the following. Using the same scale, select the number that best represents how important each item is for your career success. Gap
1 Organize a document or presentation clearly in a manner that promotes understanding and meets the requirements of the assignment. (1.1) 2 7 -5
3 Provide sufficient, correctly cited support that substantiates the writer’s ideas. (1.3) 0
4 Tailor communications to the audience. (1.4) 0
Critical Thinkg and Analysis 0
9 Identify and clearly explain the issue, question, or problem under critical consideration. (2.1) 0
10 Locate and access sufficient information to investigate the issue or problem. (2.2) 0
12 I can consider and analyze information in context to the issue or problem. (2.4) 0
13 Develop well-reasoned ideas, conclusions, or decisions, checking them against relevant criteria and benchmarks. (2.5) 0
Quantitative Reasoning 0
14 Identify numerical or mathematical information that is relevant in a problem or situation. (3.1) 0
15 Employ mathematical or statistical operations and data analysis techniques to arrive at a correct or optimal solution. (3.2) 0
16 Analyze mathematical or statistical information, or the results of quantitative inquiry and manipulation of data. (3.3) 0
17 Employ software applications and analytic tools to analyze, visualize, and present data to inform decision making. (3.4) 0
Leadership, Facilitation, and Collaboration 0
20 Contribute to team projects, assignments, or organizational goals as an engaged member of a team. (4.3
Project 1: Researching Consumer Buying Behavior
For this project, you will need to have a solid understanding of your client’s consumers in order to develop, evaluate, and implement effective marketing strategies. Complete all seven steps in this project:
· Step 1: Complete Your Skills Gap Analysis
· Step 2: Attend Meeting with ACME
· Step 3: Review Marketing Information on Consumer Buying Behavior
· Step 4: Conduct a Consumer Buying Behavior Study
· Step 5: Complete Your Value Proposition
· Step 6: Complete Your Final Consumer Buying Behavior Report
· Step 7: Submit Your Work
Your work will be evaluated using the competencies listed below.
· 1.1: Organize document or presentation clearly in a manner that promotes understanding and meets the requirements of the assignment.
· 1.3: Provide sufficient, correctly cited support that substantiates the writer’s ideas.
· 1.6: Follow conventions of Standard Written English.
· 2.1: Identify and clearly explain the issue, question, or problem under critical consideration.
· 2.5: Develop well-reasoned ideas, conclusions or decisions, checking them against relevant criteria and benchmarks.
· 6.1: Identify the general (external) environment in which an organization operates and discuss the implications for enterprise success.
· 6.2: Evaluate strategic implications for domestic and international markets of an organization’s industry.
· 6.4: Develop and recommend strategies for an organization’s sustainable competitive advantage.
· 12.2: Analyze marketing information.
· Step 1: Complete Your Skills Gap Analysis
· INBOX: 1 New Message
· From: Denna Chartreuse, HR Specialist, MCS
· To: You
· We are asking all MCS employees to complete a skills gap analysis.
· Use this skills gap analysis instrument to self-evaluate your knowledge and skills before beginning your assignment. Select the Project 1 worksheet in the bottom left of the file to complete this step.
· When you have completed your self-evaluation, use the text box at the bottom of the worksheet to write a reflection of 400–500 words describing two to three gaps you will work to reduce, why you selected them, and the activities you will pursue to develop your selected competencies.
· Thank you for your attention to this request,
I will upload the Skills Gap
Step 2: Attend Meeting with ACME
Monday morning, you meet with Jillian in her office. “We are so glad that you have come back to help us grow at Maryland Creative Solutions,” Jillian says. “As you know, with shifting markets, I have decided to reposition the company to focus more on clients with branding and digital strategy consulting needs. I feel that your long-term knowledge of our company and global mindset are perfect for leading the way on some of our new projects.
“To get you started, we have just signed on with ACME. I would like you to meet with their leadership: Tarek Fahmy, the company’s head of new-product innovation, and ACME